I was writing a comment and your damned butterfly froze up and kicked me off!
Anyway....as I was saying....
I can barely see any of the little buggers. I see three or four, maybe, kinda hard to tell because they tend to blend in with the rocks. Unless those aren't dark rocks and more little tadpoles.
When I went out daily to walk Scout, there was a place near a curb where there was always water from sprinkler run off mostly. That is where there would always be lots of little tadpoles then eventually tiny frogs everywhere. Scout is fascinated by grown frogs but never paid any attention to the little ones. Maybe she couldn't see them. I'd put one in my hand to show her but she'd remain oblivious. Maybe just too small for her to concern herself with.
Apologies for the butterfly, she takes her job too seriously.
The dark rocks are tadpoles - will have to wait for them to grow to see properly.
You are right, maybe Scout needed glasses or was too far up the chain to be concerned with green frogs. Don't know what colour these will be, brown striped maybe ... will find out. I have a horror story from my childhood about orange bellied ones.
Cheruboy just checked for me. He says the biggest tadpole has back legs, and he thinks his psycho tadpole has legs but its too fast with zigzags and back flips to see.
We were going to donate the tadpoles and frogs to the pond across the road - in preparation for our move. However, they have fish! Will have to move them with us now ...
5 Comments:
I was writing a comment and your damned butterfly froze up and kicked me off!
Anyway....as I was saying....
I can barely see any of the little buggers. I see three or four, maybe, kinda hard to tell because they tend to blend in with the rocks. Unless those aren't dark rocks and more little tadpoles.
When I went out daily to walk Scout, there was a place near a curb where there was always water from sprinkler run off mostly. That is where there would always be lots of little tadpoles then eventually tiny frogs everywhere. Scout is fascinated by grown frogs but never paid any attention to the little ones. Maybe she couldn't see them. I'd put one in my hand to show her but she'd remain oblivious. Maybe just too small for her to concern herself with.
Apologies for the butterfly, she takes her job too seriously.
The dark rocks are tadpoles - will have to wait for them to grow to see properly.
You are right, maybe Scout needed glasses or was too far up the chain to be concerned with green frogs. Don't know what colour these will be, brown striped maybe ... will find out. I have a horror story from my childhood about orange bellied ones.
Any legs yet?
Cheruboy just checked for me. He says the biggest tadpole has back legs, and he thinks his psycho tadpole has legs but its too fast with zigzags and back flips to see.
We were going to donate the tadpoles and frogs to the pond across the road - in preparation for our move. However, they have fish! Will have to move them with us now ...
Post a Comment
<< Home